Laboratory Intern – High School
The Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) is an internationally renowned non-profit research institute dedicated to the study and application of systems biology. Founded in 2000 in Seattle, Washington, ISB´s goal is to revolutionize science with a powerful systems approach to predict and prevent disease, and enable a sustainable environment.
The Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) is seeking two, temporary Laboratory High School Interns to work in the Baliga Laboratory during the summer before they begin their senior year. Only current juniors (11th graders) are eligible to apply.
Interns will assist in the optimization of lab experiments for high school classrooms, learn microbiology and other laboratory skills and procedures, learn about various professional paths, and develop a web page that describes their experiences. Please view this website for more information on the intern program: https://see.systemsbiology.net/high-school-intern-program/
This position will tentatively begin Monday, June 27, and end on August 26, 2016. The Intern will work up to 40 hours per week. Pay rate is $12.00/hour.
Complete the following steps to apply for the High School Internship position:
- Complete your resume and obtain your unofficial transcript.
- Request a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, supervisor, or other mentor. Your recommender should directly send their letter to Claudia Ludwig (email@example.com or 401 Terry Avenue N., Seattle, WA 98109). Please verify with your recommender that they have sent their letter.
- Click "Click Here to Complete Your Application" below to fill out the online application and upload the requested materials. The EEO/disability disclosures are voluntary.
- Email applications are strongly encouraged. However, if you are unable to complete the online application process, please download and fill out this form (https://www.systemsbiology.org/wp-content/uploads/High-School-Internship-Application-2016.docx ) and send all needed hard copied documents to: Human Resources, High School Internship Application, Institute for Systems Biology, 401 Terry Avenue N, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Please submit all materials by midnight on March 29, 2016. You will be contacted in April regarding your application.
- Any questions can be directed to Claudia Ludwig (firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-732-1453).