Naviance is a powerful program that allows families to explore any and all future planning.
Parents have a separate log in from students for a couple of reasons. One is that, if you have more than one student in the system, you can simply log in once and toggle between the two kids. Another is that parents are purposely limited in what you can edit in the student accounts - allowing your student to take more responsibility for their own future plans.
In Naviance, you will find announcements from the Career Center and Counselors, community service opportunities, scholarships (both school-entered and national database), upcoming college visits, application procedures, and more.
IF YOU ARE READY TO APPLY FOR COLLEGE, YOU MUST GO THROUGH NAVIANCE FOR COMMON APP SCHOOLS!!
All transcript requests must go through Naviance as well. If you are looking at a fast deadline, make sure that Sharon Roma (the counseling secretary in charge of sending transcripts) is aware so that the deadline is not inadvertently missed.
We hope you'll take the time to explore the program and make use of the fantastic features it offers!
– students can find enrichment programs entered in Naviance or those in the Naviance database of enrichment programs by browsing by letter or selecting a topic.
– shows students a list of scholarships that are a suitable match for them based on criteria entered in Naviance. For example, a student can be matched on GPA, gender, ethnicity, etc.
– a list of all the scholarships in your school or district database. Students can:filter scholarships by category; filter the list using the column names; view only the scholarships added or updated since the last visit
– a list of scholarships the student applied for or has been awarded. A student can add scholarship applications or edit
the list of scholarships.
National Scholarship Search
– a service provided through a partnership with Sallie Mae. Students can edit their profiles to find matches, add
scholarships to the favorites lists, or delete scholarships they don’t want to apply for.
College match is a tool that uses colleges on the student’s application list and shows colleges that match those colleges.
There are three options to assist students using college match:
- Admission History – matches students based on the school’s historical GPA and test score data
- Universal Overlaps – matches students based on colleges on their lists
- Active Match – matches students to colleges seeking applications like the students’ applications
The college profiles provide valuable information about an institution within Naviance. You can access the database of colleges by clicking the Colleges tab in the main navigation bar. If you built a Quicklist, those colleges will appear. You can search for colleges using the options in the Find Colleges section on the left navigation bar.
To view a college profile, click the college name. The profile appears. From here you can edit information about thecollege, add notes, and research specific information about the college.